Re: [FWDLK] [Chrysler300] Fuel Filter Available

Re: [FWDLK] [Chrysler300] Fuel Filter Available

We have have several Carter Ceramic 30-82 filters in stock if anyone is still interested. My number is below. Jim Carpenter

Paul Holmgren wrote:
Ron Waters wrote:
Hey Everybody -

Here's some good news: the ceramic fuel filter that fits in the glass bowl attached to our 57-9 (and probably earlier/later) carburetors is still available.

I had some 20 year old boxes of this filter made by Federal Mogul. Just for grins, I spoke to customer service at Federal Mogul, giving them the old part number. They said it is still available, but I would have to order it thru NAPA or another auto parts store, as they couldn't sell it to me directly. The rub is that I need the NAPA crossover number because they can't cross reference it.

Maybe someone with access to an old NAPA catalog can come up with this. The Federal Mogul number is 30-82. It also comes with a replacement circular rubber gasket.

Ron

at some point in time, probably not too terribly long ago, some company reproduced the Autolite Fuel Filter assembley, but they made the bowl out of metal rather then glass. I bought a box of boxes just to recover the 'new' filters these had with them.

--

*Jim Carpenter*

*President*

*Collectors Auto Supply Inc.*