Re: [FWDLK] [Chrysler300] Fuel Filter Available

Re: [FWDLK] [Chrysler300] Fuel Filter Available

Dave Schwandt wrote:

I did some more digging on this and basically came up with a dead end.
The NAPA guy said the Federal Mogul number crossed over to a NAPA number that was a paper filter/metal unit that appeared to fit in a canister of some sort.

The Number that I previously posted does not compute with the NAPA Cross reference book (circa 1985) that I have and the NAPA guy couldn't do anything with it either.

The 55-58 parts book I have is confusing at the least as it lists numerous filters, packages, pieces and parts that are hard to pin down to specific cars.

Best bet would be to actually eyeball an NOS (fat chance!!) filter package in original box w/part number to get to the bottom of this.

Hope I haven't clouded the topic even further!!

Dave Schwandt

To make matters Worse, Autolite had different sized glass bowls, some sort of shallow, more like the ones I have seen on mopars, And DEEPER ones, different bowl, filter and clamp, SAME TOP!!!

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy