[FWDLK] CARB 'STUMBLE' off idylle???

Hello Members

I have had this small 'stumble' in the engine directly when slowly accelerating from a stop.
I went through EVERYTHING.
Destrib spark,,timing,,centrif advance,,vacuum advance,,vacuum leaks,,,,,the carbs were VERY PROFESSIONALLY rebuilt,,,,,,,,,,and still a small stumble (not even bad enough to be called a hesitation).

In throwing around ideas with DAYTONA PARTS--we came up with the answer
GO RICHER ON THE METERING RODS!!!--not jets
(This would be applicable to the AFB specifically). But also any other 2bbl or 4bbl that uses metering rods.

Todays gas (10% alky) makes the engine run leaner.
Its literally 'thicker'.
The hardest thing for a carb to overcome is transfer from the idyll system to the main jets when under load.

If anyone needs detailed info on the rod I had and what I went to just email me off line.

ED ECKERSON
LI  NY