Re: [FWDLK] 1955 chrysler starting voltage problem

Check every cable connection. Remove them and clean the connections. Check your cables for corrosion down in the cable end. If that doesn't help check the Amps that the starter is drawing. It could be your starter needs rebuilding if it is drawing to much current.

                                         Gary Barker

From: "Mike Apfelbeck" <moparmike72@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 9:51 AM
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 1955 chrysler starting voltage problem

What is the voltage at the battery post, when the engine is cranking? It sounds like you have too much resistance in either the switch or the wiring. If it was my car I would hide a two terminal push button switch under the dash, with wires running from the battery post to the Pertronix hookup, and use it as a booster while I was cranking the engine. A single throw, single pole relay mounted under the hood would work great also but I expect those may not be all that common in the six volt variety,

Mike