[FWDLK] 1955 chrysler starting voltage problem

[FWDLK] 1955 chrysler starting voltage problem

Hi everyone I have been having problems with my car starting and last spring { 2008} I brought the Pertronix ignition pertronix system hoping this would solve the problem. well last summer I put up with the car starting hard again. I called and was told the voltage was too low when I was starting the car.

Well today I finally checked the power and this is what I came up with.

the car is the 6 volt positive ground system.

I turned the key on and there is 5.89 volts at the black wire feeding the pertronix ignitor { I was told it should be about 6 volts so I think this is OK }

When I turned the key to start the car the Power DROPS down to 3.6 volts or some were in this area ???

My question would be were should I start looking for the voltage drop ? The ignition switch, the starting relay or the starter!!!!!!

Any advise on the next step in resolving this problem that I have been putting off for a while as I figured out the car has always started better when I let off the key switch now I know why.

hope I explained it with out confusing any one.

Ill keep you posted on my findings.

chuck Deyoe
-1955 new yorker
-331 Hemi