From: Eastern Sierra Adjustment Svc <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 31 May 2009 9:58 pm
Subject: [FWDLK] Need to borrow someone's spare driveline rubber "dust shield"

As we all should know, this tubular-triangular corrugated-rubber guy is not a grease seal, but serves to protect....
(very temporarily, before it quickly self-destructs, and which also happens to be a beotch to install).... the driveline's
front trunion-joint, from road dirt, etc.

I've checked around, and can't seem to find one for sale, right now.

I'm thinking that I could get a local leather shop to make a fully functional facsimile of this guy, which might lace-up
around itself, as I have heard that there have been leather dust boots created, in the past.

If someone will lend me an example, I will have my shop (if it can be done, and I don't see why it couldn't be
done) use it as a template to make up a "permanent" leather dust boot, and will give the 'lender' a free copy
of the leather-guy (along with the return of his rubber-boot!)

If this project works out, I'll refer the rest of y'all to that shop, which will have the template(s) to reproduce these
dust boots.

...Unless, of course, someone can steer me to a shop which is ALREADY capable of turning out these leather 'boots'.
Neil Vedder