Re: [FWDLK] EARLY AND LATE CI TORQUEFLITE QUESTION

Re: [FWDLK] EARLY AND LATE CI TORQUEFLITE QUESTION

Yes, in-deed, Ed!

Dave Homstad (credit where due) instructed me to use the air cooled (has small cooling fins attached, around it ) torque converter, when I converted my car to the liquid cooled transmission, for an even-greater cooling effect.

I am still using the car's air-cooled (has air vent-openings around it) bell housing, which would be an important
feature to have, when using the finned torque converter(!)

The liquid-cooled T/Q does not have any cooling fins on it.

Neil Vedder

eddee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
HELLO GROUP
Does anyone know if an early CI FLITE that used the air cooled convertor,,,,,,can be used with cooling lines to the radiator for the later applications?????? The plugs are there and can be removed from the early units so one would think just removing the plugs in the side of the trans and attaching the cooling lines would provide flow to the radiator? Thanks to all
ED ECKERSON
LI  NY