Re: [FWDLK] EARLY AND LATE CI TORQUEFLITE QUESTION

Re: [FWDLK] EARLY AND LATE CI TORQUEFLITE QUESTION

All Dodges in the late 50's had the air cooled transmissions.

It is claimed that the liquid cooled guys lived longer, but, otherwize, for the Fury/D500 variants, which were built to the 300-specs, with a 5th clutch disc, etc, the performance of the L-cooled units was not necessarily
superior to that of the air cooled ones.

I scored a CHRY-type liquid-cooled trannie, years ago, and had its cooler-unit be installed into my car's radiator's
bottom tank, which was, then, plumbed to the L-cooled trannie's orifices.

I retained the air cooled bell housing, but, back-then, installed a non-finned L-cooled T/Q.

Dave H. later wrote to say that the A-cooled T/Q was an even-better solution, so, when my trannie went in for an O/H, in FEB, I located an A-cooled T/Q to be installed in it.

So, no, I found and installed a different L-cooled trannie, to replace the car's OEM A-cooled unit.

Neil Vedder

deddee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Neil
Was your trans an air cooled trans???
That you connected the cooling lines to???
ED