From: Charles Pollock <cpollock2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, Jun 19, 2009 2:23 pm
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Wiper Drive Link

Hello All,
I’m actually surprised your friend is having a hard time with this one…
So,
Here goes.
The 1980 Grand Fury is what is called an ‘M’ body car.  It was similar to the same year Chrysler Lebaron and Dodge Diplomat.  As the M was the evolution of the F body (almost everything interchanges, even the DOORS!) here is w hat your friend needs to look for-
ANY and I mean ANY-
Aspen, Volare, Mirada, Lebaron (1978-1980, not the later years that were K-car based), New Yorker (again 1978-1982, not the later  K based car), Full size Fifth Ave ( I would look at this first, as there are HUNDREDS in yards all over the country, they made them basically unchanged until 1988!), 1980-1983 Imperial or that favorite of Police Departments and Taxi services everywhere, the Diplomat.   Finally, I am told, any of the A body cars…but that is NOT verified.  I would personally look for and Fifth Ave in the yards, or Diplomat as there were tons build for cop car use.  If you do find a Cop Car Dippy, then you friend would have access to all the heavy-duty cop car stuff (brakes, suspension, cooling, etc) for upgrading the Grand Fury as all of it just bolts right on, and who doesn’t like front and rear sway bars??.

Try:
http://www.carparts.com as they have a nice search function and
http://www.dippy.org which is a great site for the M body cars.

Good luck.