[FWDLK] POWER WINDOW MOTORS

Hi All;
I have a '86 Dodge Ram Charger, and the power windows didn't work. Both doors, you can hear the motors run, but the windows don't move. Also, the windows could be put up and down by pushing the glass. Today I opened up the drivers door and after much cussing removed the regulator w/motor. First the wing window and then the glass and finally the regulator. It's been a while!

What I found was a little surprising. The motor was the same as early Mopars. After First LOCKING the regulator to hold the spring action from killing me, I removed the motor and after opening it up, found the plastic clutch worn out as I suspected. Went to the recently found box of old motors from '65 Chryslers and swapped out the drive gear and reinstalled. Works fine.

Here's what I found:
The casting is the same in the '86 as in the '65, with the same casting # 2520903 (L) and 2520902 (R) Wiring plugs are different. The drive gear is somewhat different, the older one seems better to me. And the '86 had the DPCD logo on it. DeSoto branded parts in an '86!

So all y'all who need motors there should be many out there, since they seem to be the same from '50's to at least '86.

This Ram Charger is also for sale, @ $1000. It's a good driver, 318, Auto 2 wheel drive, after market radio, new battery. Starts instantly, even after 1-2 months of sitting. Runs and drives fine, but only driver quality. I took it in trade late last year, so know little about it other than what I have seen driving it 1/2 mile and back to the mail box occasionally.

Ray in Mena.