Re: [FWDLK] Relay Question

Part of the answer might lie in the Chryslers and Imperials and I think the DeSotos also often being equipped with "Tri-tone Horns".  It is probable that with the three horns in place that the relay was needed to supply adequate power to activate the triple set-up so rather than supply a different harness for cars thus optioned, they put in the relay to assure the power was always there whether equipped with two or three horns.  Some Chryslers and DeSotos definitely had only two horns.   I'm not sure if Imperials automatically came with three?

Wayne Graefen