Re: [FWDLK] Ain't it the truth....

The engine may be 'turning' 7K rpm, but, I wonder what the time-frame is, for the cycling of the valve spring's action?

It would have been neat to have had a high-speed 'clock' operating, alongside the valve spring, to observe
the passage of micro-seconds.

Neil Vedder

William Huff wrote:
Pretty amazing how much action there is in a microsecond. That looked like single valve spring engine going 8000 RPM. Am I out of the loop, is that how modern engines are built? Seems contrary to what we used a few dozen years ago.

This one was on the same You tube page. Even though there is still a lot of motion, the inner vavle spring and the oscillation damper seem to quiet things down a bit. Don't know what the after market springs have, but my Mopar Performance cams have always come with the damper inside if you get a Hemi grind or above with single springs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_NpzU4pGjc&feature=related

Bill Huff