To: "Ron Waters" <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Headlight Voltage Leakage ?

You have a poor ground between the seal beam and the body. The problem is likely at the connector to the sealed beam or else where the headlight wiring harness is grounded near the rad support. Good luck.
Ron Waters wrote:
Hi Gang -

When I use my low beam headlights, there is some faint glowing of the filament on the high beams. Usually, I'm pretty good with electrical issues. But this one has me stumped. The high beam circuit works fine, btw.

I checked all the grounds, cleaned connections and even jumped from the hot side of the high beam floor switch to the low beam circuit, thus removing the high beam circuit from the picture. When I disconnect both low beams, the faint glowing goes away. When I reconnect either low beam, the glowing reappears in both high beams. I should mention that this is a non-FL car-- 1970 Olds Cutlass. But I'm sure what ever comes out of this thread is applicable to any quad headlight system.

Is it possible that a small amount of current is leaking thru the dual filament (low beam) headlights, thus lighting the high beams, since there is a wire connecting both high and low beams ?

Ron

*Jim Carpenter*

*President*

*Collectors Auto Supply Inc.*