To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:26 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] newbie looking at 57 ply Savoy 2 dr sedan

Looking at a 57 2 door sedan Plymouth Savoy
Anything in particular rust/rot wise I should be4 on the alert for?

Someone put a small block chevy in it (YUCK) so this car can never be a
perfect restoration, but not after that anyway.

Not driven since 95, parked on gravel until last 2 years apparently
Rust in rockers from the pix and rust behind rear window each side before
the fins (again hard to see in the pix I was given)

Also, having owned a 55 and 57 tbird and a 57 Buick wagon (which is a
hardtop, no center pillar) I am "kind-of" familiar with that vintage of car
question is to convert a sedan to a hardtop it appears "all you need" is
the proper glass >> is this a possibility? or REALLY crazy Or is the
hardware radically different? (thinking could cut off the door frame, 2
sides, cut out pillars between door and rear glass and cut out rear 1/4
glass, insert new full quarter glass and new door glass (nothing structural,
not talking about taking out the whole roof or the A or C pillars!)
Just wondering if anyone has done that and/or possibility (and finding parts
since not just glass but the "frame" for each

Thx
Gord in soon to be wintry Ontario (driving even FURTHER north to get a FL
car!)
As I am on the mailing list, please reply to me as well at
parallax@xxxxxxxxx