Re: [FWDLK] newbie looking at 57 ply Savoy 2 dr sedan

Sounds like one to stay away from unless it's almost free. Hardtop roofline is a couple inches higher than sedan and all the glass is different including windshield and rear window. Look for floor and trunk rust and frame rust ahead of the rear axle at the kickup. I would find a decent hardtop to work with that has a Mopar driveline in it and you will probably end up spending less in the long run ----- Original Message ----- From: "parallax" <parallax@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 10:26 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] newbie looking at 57 ply Savoy 2 dr sedan

Looking at a 57 2 door sedan Plymouth Savoy
Anything in particular rust/rot wise I should be4 on the alert for?

Someone put a small block chevy in it (YUCK) so this car can never be a
perfect restoration, but not after that anyway.

Not driven since 95, parked on gravel until last 2 years apparently
Rust in rockers from the pix and rust behind rear window each side before
the fins (again hard to see in the pix I was given)

Also, having owned a 55 and 57 tbird and a 57 Buick wagon (which is a
hardtop, no center pillar) I am "kind-of" familiar with that vintage of car
question is to convert a sedan to a hardtop it appears "all you need" is
the proper glass >> is this a possibility? or REALLY crazy Or is the
hardware radically different? (thinking could cut off the door frame, 2
sides, cut out pillars between door and rear glass and cut out rear 1/4
glass, insert new full quarter glass and new door glass (nothing structural,
not talking about taking out the whole roof or the A or C pillars!)
Just wondering if anyone has done that and/or possibility (and finding parts
since not just glass but the "frame" for each

Thx
Gord in soon to be wintry Ontario (driving even FURTHER north to get a FL
car!)
As I am on the mailing list, please reply to me as well at
parallax@xxxxxxxxx