Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 9:45 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] Brake Linings that don't squeal?

Hi Folks ?

When I replaced the front brake drums on my ?57 Dodge Custom Royal, the best used drums we could find came from a ?62 Chrysler Windsor, so we used those instead.  Everything works great, but the linings squeal like a stuck pig ? a LOUD stuck pig ? whenever they get even mildly warm.  Definitely not the way I want to draw attention!

Anyone got advice on where to find quality SILENT brake linings?  The measurements are 2.5 X 11.

Thanks!

John Williams