Re: [FWDLK] Trunk painting questions

Hey Guys:

     I was hoping by now that all this chit chat about trunk painting would end.  Let me add my thoughts.  The so called trunk paint is not paint.  It is tar impregnated sound proofing paper.  It is sold now by Bob Drake in Grants Pass, Oregon.  He will sell it to you in rolls.   My old catalog has it in a waffle pattern, but he may have it in plain sheets also.

     The problem with taking the old stuff out and putting in new in the trunk is that you have to be able to slip it between the trunk frame and skin without denting the skin.  Nice trick if you can do it.  If someone figures this out, let the rest of us know.

     My old Bob Drake cataloge has the insulation in 3/32 and 1/8 inch thickness for 3' x 8' rolls for $60-$70.  If you want just plain insulation, use heavy roofing paper.

     John Teske