Re: [FWDLK] Trunk painting questions

The verbal walkthrough is the question I am posing:

How did the factory paint the trunks without getting virtually any paint
on the deadener panels?

Even the small hole, in the center of the reinforcements, received no
paint overspray
onto its underlying deadener panel.

That 56 NY'er photo may provide a clue, as the upper end (visually) of
it looks like there may have been a quick removal of a masking agent,
while the paint was still tacky, leaving a series of short serrations in
the paint, next to the edge of the deadener.

This is the only such example of this occurrance that I've found..

The drips/drabs and smearages may have been left when the paint masks
were removed, but, again, I've never  seen any paint damage on the
reinforcement sections, where they might have been contacted or
disturbed by a piece of the masking material, during its removal.

Neil Vedder