Re: [FWDLK] Trunk painting questions

Neil:

     I gave you an answer different that what I thought you asked.  I have not made a study of paint vs deadener to see how they did it.  I was told by someone long time ago that the deadener was placed between the trunk frame and skin before it was crimped together.  Maybe that is what they did, i.e., paint the frame and inside of skin before placing the deadener and crimping together.  Otherwise, someone spent a whole lot of time masking everything on over a million MoPars.

     When repainting my 56 I took the deadener out and never put it back because I could not figure how to do it without denting the skin or damaging the paint.

     John Teske