Re: [FWDLK] 55 CHRYSLER AT COPART

It looks to me that the fire occurred outside of the car. Notice that the seat materials, which would be the first to go, don't show any fire damage. I would replace the wire harnesses regardless.

From the pictures, I would say this car looks very restorable.

Ron

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eastern Sierra Adjustment Svc" <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 2:21 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 55 CHRYSLER AT COPART

This car definitely has a great amount of salvage-parts value, but, it suffered a lot of Hot-Smoke damage, which will have affected the interior, the glass, and any/all
electrical connections in the car.

The electrical pieces/connections can be individually cleaned, but that job will be time consuming.

Also, the speedo face probably has Hot-Smoke discoloration on it, which may not
be fully clean-off-able.

The seat springs may well require some treatment to remove residual odor from them, too.

The best use of the car is as a source of  replacement parts.

Neil Vedder

debenson2 wrote:
power windows too...not must rust see maybe a true west coast car?
Steering wheel and horn ring look above average as well.