Re: [FWDLK] intake manifold '55

The 55 Plymouth 260 V8 is essentially a 55 Dodge 270 Poly V8, so all parts are interchangeable, except maybe pistons. Dodge V8s also used the same intake manifold between Hemi and Poly. So a Dodge Hemi intake will fit a Plymouth Poly V8. Hemi and Poly exhaust manifolds are NOT interchangeable.

In 1956, Dodge increased the stroke (270 to 315 engine) and left the head fit the same, requiring a wider intake manifold for the 315. Hemi and Poly 315 engines use the same intake. When Chrysler increased the stroke from 354 to 392 Hemi engines, they left the intake the same and extended the ports on the 392 heads to reach the old manifold.

In mid year 1956, Plymouth introduced their own V8 as a 277 and 303. In 57, these became the 318. This is the "A" Series of engines and only a few small parts interchange with Dodge.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500