--- Begin Message ---
  • From: Doug Mayer <mobydoug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 08:14:58 -0500
I do not know any specifications. I believe Imperial springs are longer than 55", however. I do recall this incident. One of the leaf springs broke on a Letter car at a national meet. The boys went in search of, and retrieved a leaf spring off the same year Imperial--'57 I think. It looked kind of funny when installed, since the Imperial leaf was several inches longer than the 300 spring.
Doug Mayer
Northport, Maine