Re: [FWDLK] PAINT QUESTION???

DOLORES ECKERSON wrote:
HELLO MEMBERS!!!

I need some expertise and experience on this one---I am trying to match paint on a 58 FURY.

If one has an ORIG AREA of protected paint (under the mirrors and taillight trim etc),after 50 years,,,will that orig enamel go a tad darker or lighter????
or do nothing???

I am able to obtain 2 samples (out of 5 that we started with).
One is a half of a smidgeon darker (toward gray),,,one is a half a smidgeon lighter (toward cream or yellow) These difference are absolutely infinitesimal as I am just trying to decide.

What would age have done to that virgin protected enamel

ED ECKERSON

Oxidation, contact with another material that might have oils in them (plastic comes to mind, being made from petroleum) and age can discolor paint. Exposed to the elements or not. it might be a crap shoot as to which would be the accepted answer to your questions. Some folks even question the paint sample sheets from the manufacturer after 50 years of being in contact with other paper.

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy