Re: [FWDLK] Oil Pump Shaft Stuck

Ron if you haven't already try a top quality penetrating oil like Aero Kroil and let it set a couple of days. If that doesn't free it up apply heat to the surrounding casting and the different rates of expansion between the cast and steel should free it up. Dick

From: "Ron Waters" <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 7:33 PM
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [FWDLK] Oil Pump Shaft Stuck

Hi Gang -

The Oil Pump and Distributor Drive shaft (Part no. 1323369) from my
59 Dodge 326 (like a 318) is stuck. The engine is completely disassembled
and the block has everything removed from it, except this gear and shaft
assembly. It's jammed into its bore and won't come out, even when I tap it
from below (where it would attach to the oil pump.

Can anyone suggest a way of removing this shaft ?

Thanks,

Ron