Re: [FWDLK] Oil Pump Shaft Stuck UPDATE

 Hey Chuck -

Lotsa good info here. This email is a 'keeper'.

Yes, I plan to have my machine shop install the bushing when I have the
block rebuilt.

The only correction to what you have here is that my bushing is part
no.1324281. The part no. you listed, 1737725, is for B blocks. My engine is
a 326, which is based on the 318.

Ron

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/howto/mopp_0101_how_to_resto_spec_build_a
> _340_engine/index.html
>
> It is available from multiple sources, as it is used in all V6-V8's, the
2.2
> and 2.5 mopar 4 cyl, and all the way up to the Magnum engines.  So, you
can
> get it from the dealer, Mancini Racing, or any number of parts houses
> (AutoZone, Advanced Auto, etc should be able to order it.).
> Mancini has it here:
>
> http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/inshbuv1.html
> Or
> Part number would be P1737725 for a dealer or any other parts source you
may
> want to use (Summit, Jegs, Etc).  Might have to drop the P, but that is
what
> I have found.
>
>  The REAL issue is that it needs to be installed with a special tool that
> will seat it properly.  It has to be burnished into place.  It cannot be
> just dropped in, or pounded in with a drift.  You can google for the tool,
> as it is common.
> Summit Racing carries it-
> http://www.summitracing.com/parts/OTC-6293/
>
> The problem is, it is expensive, so if you are going to do LOTS of
rebuilds,
> it is worth it.  If not, well, it's not.  The solution is simple.  If you
> have not yet done so, when you send the block out to have it cleaned,
> degreased, honed, etc, just supply the machine shop with the bushing and
> have them install it.  I've never seen a machine shop yet who could not do
> this- as this bushing set-up is common to MOST american engines.  And, the
> bushing is CHEAP- so no reason NOT to change it.
>
> Have Fun,
> Charles
>

> On 7/16/10 8:49 PM, "Ron Waters" <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > OK, the shaft is out.
> >
> > The block was mounted on an engine stand. I rotated the block 180
degrees so
> > that it was upside down, then I drove the shaft out with a screwdriver.
It