Re: [FWDLK] RARE 1961 Newport

Certainly not common today but probably not that rare either. the Newport was a bargain basement Chrysler advertised and priced at $2964.00 in 1961. Most dealers probably stocked only 1 or 2 of the price leader stick shifts with the hope of stepping people up to the fancier models. If anyone knows the production figures I am sure they would be of interest. I knew of several back in the day and they were available for several years. Around 1965 I had the pleasure of driving a co-workers 63 and remember what a nice refined driving car it was compared with the clumsy 3 on the tree Fords and Chevys. Dick

From: "Charles Pollock" <cpollock2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2010 3:13 PM
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [FWDLK] RARE 1961 Newport

OK- I am reluctant to put this up here, but- my finances SUCK, and so I will never be able to buy it- at least not without a Divorce Lawyer on retainer!

So-
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/1797655063.html

This being a 3-speed 1961 Newport I know it cannot be but one of VERY VERY
few.  It's in Dayton Ohio- I have NOT seen it personally, nor have I
contacted the seller.  Not Mine, don't know the seller, I have no seller's
interest in the car, no info, etc....but the price is a STEAL.
Now is when I wish I had a couple grand stashed away- but I would also have
to weed the flock to make space, and that ain't gonna happen soon.

Hope someone can scoop this puppy up.

Enjoy!
Charles.