Re: [FWDLK] Oil Pump Shaft Stuck UPDATE

Charles,

"a Poly block 318- which is  'basically' a B-Block, not the LA-based 318."
This is not correct. The early 318 is an "A" block. This family includes 277, 301, 303, 318, 326. The LA, or Late A, series is related to the A series and share many interchangeable parts. This family includes 273, 318, 340, 360. The primary difference is the heads. The A heads were a Poly design and the LA heads are a wedge design.

The B series is totally unrelated to the A series and a completely different design. This family includes 350, 361, 383, 400. The RB series, or Raised B block, is a stroked B. This group includes 413, 426, 440, and a rare long stroke 383.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500