Higher stall speed for bottom end

All will be good as long as the starter gear and internals are the same spline

ED ECKERSON

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Jan & Roger van Hoy wrote:

 My gut feeling is no on the torque converter.  Plymouth  came up with a 90-90 Turbo-Torque converter, don't know how much of that is  hype, but generally the stall points in the torque converter are set up for a  particular engine application.

--Roger van Hoy, Washougal, WA, '55 DeSoto, '58 DeSoto, '56  Plymouth, '66 Plymouth, '41 Dodge

----- Original Message -----
From: Nick    Sperduto
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 3:32 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] 56 Transmission

in my 56 Plym, can I take the powerflite and    torque converter that worked fine behind my 6 cyl and use in behind the 277    I'm putting in ?

I have both transmissions and torque    converters, the one from my 6 cyl and the one with the 277 that I    got, but I never drove the 277 car, so I don't know how good the trans is.

Nick