From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of drt-rdr@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 8:15 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Neutral safety switch

Is there a way to diagnose a neutral safety switch.?

I finally got my 56 plym engine started up. It has a v/8 and powerflite
from another 56 that started fine last month.
In my car, I had to ground the post of the starter selonoid for the neutral
safety switch to get it to start. I was doing this with the car on a lift
with the rear wheels off the ground for safety reasons.
My only two thoughts are that the switch is bad which I kind of doubt as it
worked in the other car last month.
Or I need to do some kind of shifter cable adjustment because the car is
not actually in neutral when the N button is pushed in. Not sure how to
adjust it as I've never had to adjust one of these before.
I'm not totally able to tell if I'm in drive or park yet. This was midnight
last night and I had the parking brake on and I don't know if the trans is
totally full of trans fluid yet either.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,
Nick