Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:32 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 1960 DeSota Project

When I bought my '60 Adventurer in '97, it was advertised as a "1960 Dodge Desota".  The old guy had owned several DeSotos over the decades.  It seems less a problem with the younger folks.  The older guys seem to be the ones that spell it wrong.  They have probably been spelling it that way since the '50s('40s,30s).  They 'spell it like it sounds'.  As the older generation fades away, I think the misspelling of 'DeSoto' will also fade away. (not that I am wishing away that generation!)