Re: [FWDLK] 1960 DeSota Project

I'm sorry but, what a pile of crap.  Come on.  Really?  Old people pronounce it Desota so they all spell it that way!   Well, I'm in that group and everyone I know that reads and writes English pronounces it Desoto and spells it Desoto.  What an absolutely dumb thing to say.

--- On Tue, 8/24/10, L-FORWARDLOOK automatic digest system <LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: L-FORWARDLOOK automatic digest system <LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 23 Aug 2010 to 24 Aug 2010 (#2010-186)
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, August 24, 2010, 9:00 PM

Topics of the day:

  1. 1960 DeSota Project (5)
  2. Mopar Fest Photo's (4)

Date:    Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:32:50 +0000
From:    Robert Whitman <Robert.Whitman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 1960 DeSota Project

When I bought my '60 Adventurer in '97, it was advertised as a "1960 Dodge Desota".  The old guy had owned several DeSotos over the decades.  It seems less a problem with the younger folks.  The older guys seem to be the ones that spell it wrong.  They have probably been spelling it that way since the '50s('40s,30s).  They 'spell it like it sounds'.  As the older generation fades away, I think the misspelling of 'DeSoto' will also fade away. (not that I am wishing away that generation!)