Re: [FWDLK] '59 Rear axle overhaul

The three bottommost, of the five stud holes, on the flat-topped late-60's shims,
will attach to our round-flanged axles' studs.

Those shims do their job just fine, especially when sandwiched between
'our' shims.

That's what what was done on my car, to 'set' the axle bearings, and a slick digital
infrared/laser/whatever thermometer confirmed that the end results were not
causing or allowing  any bearing overheating to occur.

Neil Vedder