Re: [FWDLK] '58 FURY

Headlights, like many other items were purchased by contract low bid. Supply and demand governed what brands you might find on a particular make. GE with the center logo would be correct at least through 1959. I would not doubt if Autolite, TungSol, and Westinghouse appeared on cars built in some plants. T3's being a GM product are not likely, but anything is possible. T3's are reproduced, although expensive. The center logo GE's are getting harder to find. Haven't seen any NOS Autolites in a long time. Horns were supplied by Autolite and Sparton. I have 57 Fury wheel covers that were made by at least two different suppliers etc. Gets really interesting doesn't it? Dick

From: "Dave Homstad" <dhomstad@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2010 10:18 PM
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] '58 FURY

T3 headlights came out in 1956. I had them on my 56 Oldsmobile. They are a Delco (GM) product. I doubt they were ever OEM on a Mopar.

My 56 Dodge still has the original AutoLite headlights. They work great and are still very bright. Much better than T3s. Too bad they are no longer made.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500

---- Jim Rawa <jrawa@xxxxxxx> wrote:

the plymouth doesn't have a horn relay... they are fed a constant hot via the green wire- it attaches at the solenoid- the black wire grounds directly through the column- if the horns do not work, it is either the contact plate the horn ring sets on, the roller assy that contacts the steering wheel on p/s cars, or the horns themselves... and of course, lack of voltage.

T3's...... i dont think they made them yet- that smuscle era/61 up stuff.... i think they're typically GE's.... the 17k-32k mile survivors over the years had GE or westinghouse - not the ge script in the center though- those were on fords...