[FWDLK] Fwd: Urgent Regulatory Alert (Update)

[FWDLK] Fwd: Urgent Regulatory Alert (Update)

I have a Chrysler... I wish it were a C300.  There! That makes it relative to both lists!

To view this email as a web page, please follow this link

REGULATORY ALERT (UPDATE)

 SAN Members Say “No” to More Ethanol in Gasoline

The SEMA Action Network wants to thank the hundreds of members who asked President Obama to stop the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from raising the ethanol content in gasoline.  The SAN worked with a number of other organizations to generate more than 22,000 total e-mailed letters.  The collective effort spanned a broad cross-section of industries, including boating interests, grocers, convenience stores and, of course, car enthusiasts.

The EPA is expected to rule by late October on whether to raise the ethanol content in gasoline from 10 percent (E10) to 15 percent (E15) for late-model cars.  It could permit the use in other cars at a later date.

The SAN is opposing the initiative due to concerns that the additional content will harm automobiles of all ages, including special interest collector and historic vehicles.  Ethanol increases water formation in the fuel system, especially when the vehicle sits over a period of time.  Under these conditions, formic acid is created which corrodes metals, plastics and rubber.  Ethanol also causes engines to burn hotter which could lead to premature engine and equipment failure.  The EPA has no procedure in place to adequately protect against misfueling or to ensure that gasoline with no ethanol will continue to be available for owners of older vehicles.

We will let you know when the EPA issues its decision.  Meanwhile, we are taking this opportunity to thank our SAN members for their effective response.  Questions/comments may be directed to Steve McDonald at stevem@xxxxxxxx

Terms under which this service is provided to you: sema.org/disclaimer
SEMA's mailing address: 1575 S. Valley Vista Dr., Diamond Bar, CA 91765
Copyright 2009. Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA)
This message was intended for: njvet01@xxxxxxxxx
You were added to the system June 30, 2007. For more information
click here.
Update your preferences | Unsubscribe