[FWDLK] Impeller removal: rebuilding 1956 354 Hemi v8 Water Pump

[FWDLK] Impeller removal: rebuilding 1956 354 Hemi v8 Water Pump

Hi everyone,

I received the a water pump kit from Gary Nelson for my 1956 354 Hemi and have a few questions:

I have removed the back cover and looked at the impeller.  The factory service manual is a bit confusing as they say "with (water pump) body and shaft suitably supported, use a cold chisel to break the plastic portion of impeller away from metal insert. (Start near metal insert). Remove parts of seal assembly by sliding them over the shaft and insert.  Attach puller, Tool C-3476 and remove metal insert".

Looking at the impeller, I don't see anything plastic and it seems that a small puller like a steering wheel puller with 5 arms/hooks that go into the holes would be required to pull the impeller off of the shaft.

I have had a really difficult time finding any shop in Brisbane that would even consider rebuilding a water pump but have found one that said they could do it.  I have dropped off the pump with them but they seemed a bit confused as to how to remove the impeller.  Do you have a picture of the tool you have used to remove the impellers?  What is the best process for removing the impeller?

Thanks for your time/effort!

Kind Regards,

Eric

1956 Chrysler New Yorker