Re: [FWDLK] OK, WTF is this?

Title: Re: [FWDLK] OK, WTF is this?
Wow!
This is the most action this list has seen all year!
Just to add some pennies-
Another fact- and this is verified by myself on more than one original car- is that at the end of the year it was very, very common for last model-year parts to find their way on new model-year cars as they were using up existing inventory.  I’ve personally seen many small parts like door handles, shift knobs, some steering wheels and road wheels, that were supposed to be on the say 68 cars that were actually factory on 69 cars.  You get the idea.  This is just the factory being economical.  And it is a factory, as Ron so aptly illustrates.
I’ve also heard (but never actually seen) of the factories cranking out odd color combinations in order to just get parts used up- things like green cars or blue cars with yellow interiors, or yellow cars with red or blue or green interiors, just as examples.  I’m not talking about just Ma Mopar either.
And finally there are always special order program cars-
Best example I know of being 1968 Dodge Bengal Chargers- 50 of which were ordered by Tom Kneer Dodge here in Cincinnati in 1968 to commemorate the first year of the Cincinnati Bengals.  All were painted Omaha City Orange (coded as 999 on the fender tag) and called ‘Tiger Orange’ in the brochures, and all had black tops and interiors.  They all also had black bumblebee stripes on the back, even the Non-R/T’s which was not supposed to be allowed.  At least one was a 6-cyl car, but none were Hemi’s.  All also had custom ‘Bengal’ badges on the fenders that were approved by Chrysler, and applied by the dealer.  And only 2 are known to survive.  I’ve seen both of them personally.

Here’s the link if anyone is interested:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,32703.0.html

One thing I learned long ago about Mopars- Never say Never....

Just my pennies,
Charles.