[FWDLK] 300J Engine - 413

Hi All

Time has gone by me and I now realize that I have more projects left to do than I have years to do them. I have decided to finish my 300 G Coupe, my 58 Dodge Sweptside pickup and my 67 CSS Dodge pickup that are in process of frame up restoration. All of them are partially done and I have collected most of the parts needed.

The other items I have gathered have to be gone in the next year or so. I am wondering if the following may be of some interest to any of you.

The first one I have ready to sell is a 413 engine that I removed from a 300J coupe several years ago.  At the time I had a deal in the works to buy a 300J convertible from a gentleman who had owned the car for many years in storage. There was no motor with the convertible. I bought a rusty 300J coupe to get the engine and transmission. I started to rebuild the engine and found out he sold the convertible to someone else

Thinking I would find another convertible I had all the machine work done and bought most of the needed new parts. I disassembled the 413 engine and have had all the machine work done to completely rebuild the engine. The block was Tank boiled clean, new cam bearings aligned and installed. The cylinders were bored .030 oversize and the head mating surfaces ground to perfect flat. All rod ends are re-sized, stress relived, new rod bolts installed with new wrist-pins, new pistons and rings. The crankshaft was turned .010 to true it. The main bearing caps and block were checked and corrected for true alignment. We have new rod and Main bearing inserts. The complete rotating assembly has been precision balanced. There is a new Melling performance oil pump and a new vibration dampner included.

The heads have been tank boiled clean and new valves and guides installed. Both block and heads have new premium freeze plugs installed. The rocker arms and rocker shafts are all new. I have the old original camshaft but I believe it should be replaced. I have the original set of push rods. I intended to match the lifters and push rods to the cam when I selected it. The engine is not assembled yet.

I also have a set of long rams with the correct carbs for a 300J. They were not on the original engine. I bought them separately.

I have the original transmission from the 300J coupe. It had the shifter in the console and I have the cables to the shift tower. It is as it came from the car.

I will be listing other items as we go along.

Reply by email or call me at 810-623-2227

Thanks

Ray Menzel
Brighton, Michigan