Re: [FWDLK] 58 DODGE D 500 SUPER OPTION, QUESTION.

Re: [FWDLK] 58 DODGE D 500 SUPER OPTION, QUESTION.

Ron, if you are asking about the 1957 D501 models: all of them
were manual transmissions.

Dunno about the 1956 D-500-1 models, as far as their trannies are concerned.

Neil Vedder

Ron Swartley wrote:
*Jim,*
** * I agree with you on the 57 cam being capable of handling the additional carburetor on the 325 cu inch 1957 D 500 Super. Dodge did the same thing on the 1958 Dodge D 500 super with 2/4 bbl carbs.(same cam)* *However I do remember reading a special report on the 1957 D 500-1 which had the leftover 56 Chrysler 300 B engines of 354 cu inches, it said they had the new 1957 Chrysler 300 C cam with solid lifter installed in their 354 engines.* * I wonder if anybody on the list knows if there were any D 500-1 that were produced with Torqueflite transmission. Nobody seem to ever talk about that?* ** * Ron Swartley*
* (still loose on the East Coast)*