[FWDLK] unfortunate, BUT WHEW!!

local news item today

Fire destroys TV host's S. Ind. home

Updated: Friday, 24 Dec 2010, 5:48 PM EST
Published : Friday, 24 Dec 2010, 5:47 PM EST

EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) - Fire destroyed the southern Indiana home of the host of a national cable television show about classic cars, although his own vehicle collection was spared.

Authorities say the fire broke out early Thursday at the house near Evansville owned by Dennis Gage, host of the Speed TV program "My Classic Car." Gage's wife and son were home and escaped without injury.

A spokeswoman for Gage's production company tells the Evansville Courier & Press that Gage was in the Chicago area visiting his ill mother at the time. She said Gage's collectible cars and motorcycles are housed in an unattached garage and weren't damaged in the fire.

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy