[FWDLK] 1957 Dodge push button starter switch

[FWDLK] 1957 Dodge push button starter switch

 Needing some advice/information as to a possible short cut to replace the starter switch located in the push button assembly behind the neutral button. I now start the car with a remote starter connected to the battery and the starter solenoid. Kinda embarassing after going to a show and having to lift the hood to start the car!!!!! The manual has quite a procedure to replace the switch. I'm in no position at this time to do anything but to wire an auxillary switch under the dashboard. I've replaced the starter solenoid and have isolated the problem to the starter switch.

 Do you really need to follow the instructions to the letter,removing the control cable drilling out the old switch ,draining 2 quarts from the transmission etc. etc ????

 Any information would be appreciated ,including what type of switch to purchase at a parts store.

 Thanks in advance

 Brad Werner    '57 Dodges