Re: [FWDLK] 1957 Dodge push button starter switch

Re: [FWDLK] 1957 Dodge push button starter switch

Hi Brad and all

If you remove the selector from the dash, you should be able to disconnect the cable. You only need to drain oil from trans if you disconnect the cable at the trans. The switch is a micro switch. You will not find an after market swt. that will mount up on the back of selector. First you need one with a similar button. Then you will have to improvise and make a bracket to mount new switch.
The alternative is to get a good used selector with a working switch. I should have one in stock. I would test the swt, clean and lube the selector with a dry film. Let me know if you want to go that direction.
Also, I have one NOS selector with starter swt. mounted on it.

I am also offering a dual point distributor kit for 60 to 72, C, D, DS, and P. Includes dual points, condenser, rotor and cap. Lists for $55.50. I will discount 25% to $42. That's a bargain, only one complete set left. I have a list of new and some NOS parts that I am discounting. E-mail me if you want the list.

Thanks to all,

Gary, the parts doc
Reno, Nevada 89521 USA
The Biggest Little City In The World