To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] MAJOR CHANGES IN THE COLLECTOR CAR MARKET???

I hate to point this out- but one thing all of you are missing is that
Barrett Jackson is actually nothing but a reality TV show.
IT DOES NOT REFLECT REALITY AT ALL!
BJ is trying to make MONEY on this auctions- so they bring up the volume,
the pump up the crowd, and they use pretty girls and select cars to sell.
Notice the more mundane cars sell at really strange times (like 7:00am when
everyone would normally be a work) and the 'hot' cars sell at Prime Time.
The buyers not only get to buy a car they get to be on TV!  Why else would
they pay so much....and of course the more BJ can promote it, the higher the
price the more Commission they make.  And don't get me started on the
Advertising dollars they pull in, and the merchandising...
Bottom Line- Its All A Show People.

Go to any other 'collector car' event, auction,etc,where it is NOT broadcast
across the globe, or internet or whatever and you will see what these cars
really sell for, what they are really worth, and what is the true nature of
the market.  I see ads listed every day that say how priceless a car is
based on BJ...I say-pardon my french here people- bullshit!
A car is worth what YOU pay for it....not some inflated, exaggerated amount
that BJ would try to sell it on.
Every owner who has said that I have walked away from and told them to go
sell it on BJ and leave me out of it.
My own personal opinion is that BJ has done nothing but artificially
inflated the prices of these cars. To the extent that most of them are now
no longer in the realm of the Joe Six-Pack (that's me) that loves them for
what they are and was the original intended audience for these cars.  Not
the 'investor' who buys it and sticks it in a garage somewhere where it will
never see the light of day except when he takes it to sell it again- and
tries to make a profit.

Sorry fellas, but I REFUSE to watch BJ.  We need to boycott them, not
PROMOTE them.

Sorry for the rant, but they Really, Really piss me off!

Charles.