*From:* Eastern Sierra Adjustment Svc <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
*To:* L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Sent:* Fri, January 28, 2011 2:23:56 PM
*Subject:* Re: [FWDLK] Restoration and Preservation.

And, as an adjunct to all this great discussion--as long as it continues to be civil---which it has been, btw...

Doesn't anyone else sort of feel sorry for the guy who buys a freshly "restored" auction car, KNOWING that that poor car, if it's ever driven, will probably not be able to get out of its own way, because we well understand what-all is involved in dialing-in our cars to operate and handle properly, and that a static restoration can not possibly address the myriad (physically-messy) issues that are involved in getting
a car to be able to run-right?

Also, I feel sorry for the car, too, because its rich owner will never be interested in driving it extensively
or really bonding to it, other than as its being a trophy to his wealth.

We all modify our cars, to certain differing extents, because we DO drive them.

I personally modify my car's performance, rather than to make obvious physical changes to him.

Thanks to Dave Homstad's assistance, Horrie's newest gizmo will be a Pertronix electronic ignition system (which requires that a dual-point distributor to be used for its installation) which is installed in a 1955 Windsor Poly distributor---which is one of the VERY few 50's dissies that happens to have
excellent mechanical advancements in it, for increased performance.

Neil Vedder