Re: [FWDLK] ETHANOL DAMAGE TO GASOLINE ENGINES

Re: [FWDLK] ETHANOL DAMAGE TO GASOLINE ENGINES

Title: Re: [FWDLK] ETHANOL DAMAGE TO GASOLINE ENGINES
Ok- from the ‘Life Gives you Lemons Make Lemonaide’ Files-

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/engine/mopp_1104_project_old_school_e85_conversion/index.html

I am surprised none of you has considered that Ethanol (E85) is basically 108 Octane!  That means racing fuel at pump gas (or cheaper) prices.  Just have to modify a few things.....
Read the article, they did just that.
I’ll be doing a conversion myself on my old 318 New Yorker now that there is are E85 pumps popping up here in Ohio...

Now- not sure about turning Food into Fuel.  That may be a bad idea...but that’s for another day.
And brass floats are readily available.  And if you have one for a carb spring a leak, just solder the thing.  I’ve been doing it for years.....
Also, the phenolic resin floats are supposedly E85 friendly as well.  But I don’t know that for fact.

Enjoy!
Charles.