[FWDLK] power steering units

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to swap a newer power steering unit for the one on my 56 DeSoto?  Mine has too much freeplay in the steering and needs to be rebuilt or replaced.

Thanks to those responding to my earlier email about pinion seals.  I have the new National seal (from O'Rielly's) installed, didn't even need the repair sleeve, and now there are no leaks.

regards,  LeRoy