Re: [FWDLK] Fins and Irene

I wasn't on the coast. I'm inland in NJ. Lots of rain, wind and flooding,
but my property and cars are high and dry.
Been without power since Sunday morning.
I felt like I almost got killed though. Went to my dad's house Sunday to
try and fix his generator to pump out my sisters flooded basement.

On the way home driving my 2004 Ram down a road near my house a tree came
down as I was driving passed it, I gassed it to miss the tree and as it
fell behind my truck, it took down the power lines and  the telephone pole
that I hadn't passed yet. The pole snapped in half and wires came down and
by the time I could stop, they landed across my windshield. I backed up and
they got hung up on my truck mirror, but eventually the mirror just shifted
forward and they came off the truck. I believe they were not live at the
time as the house I was in front of had said they were without power for
awhile.
 I waited in the road for 2 hours, nobody came to cut up the tree or move
the wires. So a neighbor guided me so that I could drive under the wires in
a spot my truck would fit.
Damage was some scratches to my mirror and the top of my door and something
blew out in the brakes as the pedal is now on the floor. I want to put the
truck up on the lift to check the brakes, but I have to wait for power to
be restored. I don't feel like jacking it up and crawling under with a
flashlight.

It's been an exciting week here.
We are doing ok, I have a generator that runs the fridge, freezer, well
pump, tv and living room light. I have a camper so I'm using the hot water
heater and shower in there.
They say hopefully power will be back by Tuesday.

Jim Rawa is much further south in NJ, they got hit harder than I did.
Hopefully he'll chime in.
I'm not a fan of hotels, but being in one for the weekend while at Lead
East show this weekend, I'm really looking forward to it.

Nick