Re: [FWDLK] gift from the imperial club

That reminds me...back around 1960, there were some neat
large bubble gum cards (unless these cars were only sold in wrapped
packages, like bubble gum sports-figure cards; can't remember, but
unlikely sold without gum being enclosed)....that were called "Car Cards"
and they featured color portraits of individual sports cars against a plain
background.

There was a blurb about them, on the back, and an obscured illustration
that could be revealed by scratching that area with a coin edge---anyway,
that's my recollection of them.

Anyway, which brings me to the subject of Debenson's posting, I took several long lengths of cardboard box sides and created a grid of 8 lanes or so, and about 15 lengths long, which fit the size of the cards, so that the cars could be raced against each other, back and forth down the cardboard 'track', with each one's movement
regulated by a throw of dice.

How times have changed.

Neil Vedder

debenson2 wrote: