[FWDLK] Clock repair info

The Clock Doc also wrote this:

There are several ways to handle/protect the points. What's the right thing for any particular clock depends in part on what shape it's in to start. To answer the question specifically, I have on some clocks completely  by-passed the points with a transistor.  On others I have left the points intact , but by-passed the back EMF problem with a snubber diode or condenser. Sometimes we don't need to do anything special at all. It depends on what shape the clock is in, and what use is projected. Lots of folks only run the clock a few days every year, for example. The right thing to do also depends on how irreplaceable or rare the particular  clock might be.

I hope this all helps. The bottom line is that there is no one answer for all situations.