From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jesus Jimenez
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:51 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] help again

Hello,

I am completely dumbfounded and I have hit a dead end on my cooling problem with my '55 Ply 6 cyl. Essentially, the motor overheats as indicated by the meter. The meter hits the highest temperature even before the thermostat opens. Consequently, I have worked as systematically as I was able to try to eliminate possible problems but still, the meter indicates overheating before the thermostat opens:

These are things I have done or observed:

1. changed the thermostat three times from 180 to 160 (tested both thermostats separately in hot water and both open)

2. checked the timing

3. replaced the radiator with another one

4. replaced the water distribution tube with a brass type

5. replaced the water pump with a NAPA brand

6. replaced the temp gauge

7. replaced the temp sensor twice-the current one is brand new from a '57 Chrysler

8. replaced the wire sending unit twice with wires of different gauges (#14 and #16)

9. checked oil pressure --normal

11. done reverse flushing

12. checked the water temperature with a glass and metallic thermometers and both indicate 180 degrees as the water circulates when the thermostat opens.

As the motors runs, water circulates and both hoses are hot but by this time the meter indicator is out of range and have to turn the engine off.

Hope someone has some other ideas or maybe knows what's going on.

Thanks

Jesus '55 Ply 6 cyl Belv