Re: [FWDLK] Engine Paint Codes?

In Re: 6-banger engines, I asked a FWDLK website's 6-cylinder authority
to respond to the question of the appearance of the OEM exhaust
manifolds.

Here's his reply:

The engine was painted assembled with the manifolds in place.  So the
block, head, tappet covers, oil pan, timing cover and intake and exhaust
manifolds (plus other assorted small parts) should all be the same
silver/aluminum paint.  The Bill Hirsch Miracle Paint in  Aluminum is what
the Plymouth Owner's Club generally considers the closest.  It should be a
fairly bright silver and it should be applied after the engine is fully
assembled with the manifolds in place.

That said, I paint the manifolds and engine apart to get the rear of the
manifolds coated, then I assemble them and repaint the area to make it look
more seamless.

My personal preference, which is NOT factory correct, is for the manifolds
to be black.  Thus, I painted mine black on my personal car.  The other
Flatties I've built have all been correct silver.